National Tequila Day may have just passed, but for some this may have been an opportunity to experiment with a spirit that is often viewed as ‘simply a shot’. Although a shot of tequila is a fun pastime, this versatile, Mexican spirit is also ideal for many a cocktail and mixer.
There is a reason that the margarita is the most well-known tequila cocktail. It is a classic and much-loved drink. But there is much more to explore, and in this edition of our short and fun series, Cocktails & Tools, we will take a look at a new Tequila cocktail and all the tools you need to make it!
Each of these drinks will help you beat the heat, and you’ll never be at a loss when it comes to using up your tequila again…not that that’s ever been an issue before.
Recipe & photo courtesy of 1800 Tequila
- 25 ml 1800 Silver Tequila
- 12.5 ml Cucumber Juice
- 12.5 ml Lemon Juice
- 6 ml Sugar Syrup
- Top with Champagne
1. Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add ice and shake hard for 10 seconds.
3. Pour into a flute glass, top with Champagne, and garnish with a long swirled cucumber peel.
Tequila Herradura 19° North
- 50 ml Herradura Reposado Tequila
- 25 ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- 12 ml agave nectar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha sauce
- 12 ml of pineapple juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake hard so that some of the ice melts, then strain over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a lime or pineapple wedge.
Recipe & photo courtesy of Tequila Herradura