Winter is coming… but we have to drink our way through autumn first! The summer sun disappeared too quickly this year and the nights are slowly but surely drawing in. But if cocktail drinkers know anything, it is this – every time of year is a time to celebrate, indulge and enjoy.
Those fresh, summer coolers are no longer suitable, but it’s not quite time for winter warmers just yet! Autumn is a time to appreciate beautiful sunsets and make the most of spirits which share those deep, rich autumnal colours.
With that in mind, here are some simple autumnal recipes, along with suggestions of Beaumont barware you can use to achieve that perfect serve…
This dark brown cocktail encapsulates autumn, mimicking the fallen foliage we see all around us, and it has the name to match!
45ml Sweet Vermouth
20ml Dry Vermouth
- Add ingredients to a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir for 30 seconds with a cocktail spoon – read our recent blog for some tips on stirring technique here!
- Strain into a chilled glass – explore the Beaumont range of strainers here.
- To garnish, twist a piece of lemon peel – the Beaumont Zester and Canale Cutter is great for producing tantalizing twists…
Named after the autumn harvest, and usually served as an aperitif or after-dinner digestif, the burnt orange colour of this cocktail screams autumn.
45ml Cardamaro Amaro
2 Dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- Add your ingredients into a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir until it’s well chilled.
- Strain and serve in a chilled Coupe or Martini glass.
Toffee Apple Martini
This one is for Halloween lovers, transporting you back to your childhood (without the hassle of digging into rock-hard apples).
1 tsp. toffee sauce (and more for garnish)
25ml apple-flavoured whisky
25ml vanilla vodka
15ml lemon juice
50ml cloudy apple juice
- Add the toffee sauce, whisky and vodka into a shaker and shake until the sauce has dissolved.
- Add the lemon juice, apple juice and ice. Shake until the mixture’s cold.
*If you’re serving a large volume, use colour-coded Freepour Juice Bottles to keep juices fresh, accessible and identifiable…
- To serve, drizzle toffee sauce around the rim of a martini glass and add a slice of apple.
*Our 3-Part Rimmer will come in handy to deliver perfectly rimmed glasses at speed!