There is little debate around what the highlight of Easter is – sorry roast lamb, hot cross buns, egg rolling and Easter bonnets… but it’s got to be the chocolate! And it’s not just about the kids and their chocolate eggs either, Easter is a time for adults to gorge on grown-up delights too… So, in this week’s edition of Cocktails & Tools, we bring you a selection of three of our favourite chocolate cocktails for your drinking pleasure.
And it wouldn’t be Cocktails & Tools if we didn’t recommend some premium Beaumont barware to bring these recipes to life. So, without further ado, we introduce the stars of this special Easter edition of Cocktails & Tools…
- 3 Part Glass Rimmer – Never used a rimmer before? Check out our previous blog and get acquainted.
- Cocktail Jigger
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cocktail Strainer
- Nutmeg/Spice Grater
Let’s Get the Egg Rolling With The Recipes Shall We?
Mini Egg Martini
- 25g Crushed Cadbury’s Mini Eggs
- 1 tsp honey
- 25ml crème de cacao
- 25ml Baileys
- 50ml vodka
- Use your rimmer to apply a thin layer of Honey to the edge of a martini glass and the crushed Mini Eggs as a layer on top (just like you would do with lime juice and salt for a Margarita). Put the glass in the fridge until you need it.
- Pour your measures of crème de cacao, Baileys and vodka into your shaker with ice and shake thoroughly.
- Use your strainer to strain the mixture into your pre-prepared glass.
Chocolate Brandy Alexander
- 30ml brandy
- 40ml creme de cacao
- 30ml fresh cream
- Nutmeg and/or Chocolate for the Garnish
- Pour brandy, creme de cacao and cream into your shaker with ice and shake thoroughly.
- Strain into a glass.
- Use your spice grater to grate your nutmeg and/or chocolate garnish.
Chocolate Orange Cocktail
- 25g golden caster sugar
- Orange or clementine
- Grated dark chocolate
- 25ml vodka
- 25ml crème de cacao
- 10ml orange juice
- Combine 25mls of water with the golden caster sugar and grate in orange or clementine zest in a pan and bring to the boil, cool and strain the syrup.
- Chill a coupé glass, then use your rimmer to dampen the edges with water and line the rim with grated dark chocolate.
- In your shaker, shake the vodka, crème de cacao, orange syrup and orange juice with ice.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!